My role is to deeply listen, and to guide you toward emotional
healing, and to help you in healing and deepening connections within relationships, gaining self-acceptance, and experiencing personal growth in your life.
As an expereinced psychotherapist, I have sucessfully treated many adults/ teens in the following areas:
- Depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety including panic attacks/disorder with or without agoraphophia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Grief reactions
- Trauma related to natural or man made catastrophes, witnessing violence, abuse (sexual, emotional, physical)
- Weight loss with the DeTUR Program (An EMDR approach to reducing cravings dramatically resulting in weight loss without regaining the lbs)
- Dissociative disorders
- Anger Management
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Addictions (usually to sustain the client and help him or her rebuild their lives) Individual therapy is usual done following completion of an addiction related program for alcohol, drugs, food, gambling and is focused on rebuilding the person's life and relationships.
- Low self-esteem
- Work and personal relationship problems
- Performance anxiety (sexual, work, and sports related)
- Many other difficulties- email me if you want to inquire about an area that I have not mentioned on this web page (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How Do We Shape Your Therapy Goals and Needs
Your therapy is a collaborative effort. First we complete the Intake Questionnaire and screening questionaires, then together we outline a Plan for Counseling which will set the goals and objectives, and highlight the approaches that will be used.
It is a flexible plan that can be modified as we go. For example new information that comes up from the past may be targetted for therapy or circumstances in your life may change and need to be addressed,. Periodically we wll rexamine the goals and the past work we have done. I will always welcome feedback and adapt to changes or new directions that you wish to make in your therapy,