Healing and Reconnecting in Your Couples Relationship
Why Not Have the Relationship You Were Meant to Have?
- Are you not living the relationship you dreamed?
- Would you like to find a new way for you and your partner to relate to each other?
- Do you have unresolved differences about important issues or areas of your lives?
- Would you like to have a relationship with more depth, connectedess, and intimacy?
- Does your relationship shutdown or explode when you try to solve problems or make requests for changes?
- Do you feel distant from your partner? or Do you avoid or create distance toward your partner?
- Are you having problems resolving your differences or making important decisions together.
Relational Success Can be Your Reality!
Couples usually come to couples therapy to heal the past, learn to communicate better, reaffirm their marriage, and/or make changes in their relationships. People change through the years and this may alter the relationship as well. Accepting and adjusting to that change may be difficut for one or both partners. Changes in the life cycle, e.g. birth of a child, deaths and losses, children leaving for college, and educational/professional milestones can create distance or conflict between individuals, A couples "tune-up" may be needed to help couples go forward in a new direction.
My couples counseling approach is the result of integrating several different couples therapy approaches including Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Family Systems Therapy, and IMAGO Therapy.
If you are willing to work on your relationship both in and out of couples counseling, there is hope! Please call today! 908-586-3254 or email 908-586-3254.
Recommended Reading for Couples